To be eligible for our services, please take note of the following admission guidelines:
- Age: Adults 18+ Gender: Male or Female
- Treatment: Drug, Alcohol, and other Substance Abuse issues; may have co-occurring Axis I
- Must meet ASAM Criteria
Walk-ins are welcome but we encourage clients to schedule an Intake appointment. We offer flexible intake hours, including after-hours and weekends.
Here’s a quick overview of the admission process:
- Step 1: Assessment with Addiction Counselor (conducted in person).
- Step 2: Determine eligibility for program.
- Step 3: Admit client into program or make a referral for client to receive appropriate services.
- Step 4: Clients who meet eligibility requirements are offered housing per availability or placed on the waiting list (client must complete assessment to be placed on waiting list).
- Step 5: Meet with housing coordinator and case manager.
- Step 6: Begin treatment, connect to resources, and focus on your recovery.
What to Expect
Once PH Center admission staff has received a pre-screen for patient admission the patient will be scheduled for a phone interview or in-person interview. Admissions staff will ask the necessary questions to determine the appropriate treatment placement for the patient based on ASAM criteria. An interview summary is then given to the Clinical Director to determine whether or not the patient is appropriate for admission to our program. If approval is given the admission staff will then contact the patient or referral source and provide them with a date for admission. In the event that a patient is denied admission to the program, the admission staff will provide the patient or referral source with a reason for denial and a referral suggestion to best assist the patient.
Length of Stay
Length of stay is based on behavioral health medical necessity criteria. When symptoms and behaviors can be treated in a non-structured treatment setting, functional impairment is improved, and motivation is demonstrated, the insurance payer will require a step down into outpatient services. The average length of residential stay is 60 days and some patients are provided an additional 60 days if medical necessity criteria are met. Through the course of care, patients are expected to begin exploring alternate housing options so that the patient can obtain off-site housing while continuing in outpatient services.
Methods of Payment
PH Center accepts individuals who do not have insurance
PH Center accepts individuals who have Maryland Medicaid or Insurance
PH Center accepts private pay clients
You can learn more about these options by calling us at 410-367-5676
To learn more about our admission guidelines, contact us at 410-466-7000 or Book An Appointment online.